Watch video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/ZOJJ4sdtZDI
Civil Air Patrol ( National website: https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com ):
"CAP owns the largest fleet of single-engine piston aircraft in the nation, primarily Cessna 172s and 182s, and CAP pilots are able to fly those planes to perform CAP missions in service to their local communities. CAP pilots fly reconnaissance missions for homeland security, search and rescue, disaster relief,... "
CAP has three primary missions:
- Aerospace Education
- Cadet Training
- Emergency Services
And two additional secondary missions:
"The Civil Air Patrol (CAP) is a congressionally chartered, federally supported non-profit corporation that serves as the official civilian auxiliary of the United States Air Force (USAF). CAP is a volunteer organization with an aviation-minded membership that includes people from all backgrounds, lifestyles, and occupations. It performs three congressionally assigned key missions: emergency services, which includes search and rescue (by air and ground) and disaster relief operations; aerospace education for youth and the general public; and cadet programs for teenage youth. In addition, CAP has recently been tasked with homeland securityand courier service missions."
"The Civil Air Patrol was conceived in the late 1930s by aviation advocate Gill Robb Wilson, who foresaw general aviation's potential to supplement America's military operations. With the help of New York Mayor Fiorello H. LaGuardia, in his capacity as then-Director of the Office of Civilian Defense, CAP was created with Administrative Order 9, signed by LaGuardia on 1 December 1941 and published 8 December 1941."
"Civil Air Patrol has five congressionally mandated missions:
- To provide an organization to encourage and aid citizens of the United States in contributing their efforts, services, and resources in developing aviation and in maintaining air supremacy; and encourage and develop by example the voluntary contribution of private citizens to the public welfare.
- To provide aviation education and training especially to its senior and cadet members.
- To encourage and foster civil aviation in local communities.
- To provide an organization of private citizens with adequate facilities to assist in meeting local and national emergencies.
- To assist the Department of the Air Force in fulfilling its non-combat programs and missions.
The organization condenses these mandates into three core missions, which Civil Air Patrol was chartered with by Congress in 1946: aerospace education, cadet programs and emergency services."
I am a volunteer for CAP Composite Squadron 59.
(Contact: (951) 444-8227 | email@example.com )
Colored-Ink Pen Drawing By Yours Truly: